Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week Fourteen Ends, Week Fifteen Begins

     Not a lot to report this week.  Holding steady.  I'm at 29 pounds lost in a full 14 weeks.  I'd love to shed that last pound by my birthday on Wednesday but after the bowl of ice cream I just ate, I don't think it's going to happen.


    All in all the weight stuff is still progressing.  If I lose a pound by this coming friday I'll be right on 2lbs a week average since I started.  Pretty pleased with that.  


  I'm not really sure what to say this week.  The truth is I'm feeling a little melancholy.  I hate it when my birthday is during the week, it means I can't go wild the way I'd like to-- not that I'm that wild to begin with but still.  I have to try and get my food cravings back under control.  I'm still maintaining my calorie goals and such, but I've reverted back to some pretty crap foods.  Time to reign that back in and go back to the plan.


   First therapy session was on Friday.  It went well, definitely the right time for it.  There's a lot going on underneath all this loss that needs some attention.  My mom, god love her, had some seriously high expectations when I was growing up-- unrealistic ones.   And a lot of the issues I'm having with stress and anxiety right now-- come from all those old "tapes" that play in my head.  I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist, but every day those tapes play back, convincing me constantly that I'm not good enough, not working hard enough, not accomplishing enough.  It's a big part of what flips me out at work, and I think if I'm not careful, it something that could easily sabotage my weight loss too.


 Insert my new affirmation, as "prescribed" by the Therapist of Fabulosity...  My instructions are to say this out loud first thing when I wake up, and last thing before I go to bed.  The idea of course being that eventually I'll start to believe it.   So, instead of waxing poetic here (since I actually don't have much to say this week), I'm going to post my new affirmation.




      "I am deserving.  I deserve all good.  Not some, not a little, but all good.  I now move past all negative, restricting thoughts.  I release and let go of the limitations of my parents.  I love them, and I go beyond them.  I am not their negative opinions, nor their limiting beliefs.  I am not bound by any of the fears or prejudices of the current society I live in.  I no longer identify with limitations of any kind.


   In my mind I have total freedom.  I now move into a space of consciousness, where I am willing to see myself differently.  I am willing to create new thoughts about myself and about my life.  My new thinking becomes new experiences.


   I now know and affirm that I am at one with the Prospering Power of the  Universe.  As such, I now prosper in a number of ways.  The totality of possibilities lies before me.  I deserve life, a good life.  I deserve love, an abundance of love.  I deserve good health.  I deserve joy and happiness.  I deserve freedom to be all that I can be.  I deserve more than that.  I deserve all good.


   The Universe is more than willing to manifest my new beliefs.  And I accept this abundant life with joy, pleasure, and gratitude.  For I am deserving.  I accept it; I know it to be true."


    That's what I'm supposed to work on.  Believing all of that.










   It's probably going to take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment